The support applies to measures with battery installation, SCR systems and low-NOx conversions. Other measures may be included in the support program, following the NOx Fund's assessment, but the measure must exceed 10 % NOx reduction on the total emission
Everyone granted a commitment under the support program receives a minimum payment of NOK 5 millions (up to 80 % of the cost of the NOx measure).
- The NOx Fund's standard support rates applies. The support is limited to 80 % of the cost of the NOx measure.
- The requirement for a 2-year contract is deviated.
- Operation up to 24 months after completion of the measure is used as a basis for calculated NOx reduction and support. Payment can be made gradually as operating reports are submitted (preferably quarterly).
- Within 24 months, the applicant may choose the 12-month period with most operation, which is then used to calculate energy consumption and emissions before and after measures.
- The application must be received from 01.01.2018 - 31.12.2018 and the measure must be implemented between 01.01.2018 - 31.12.2020.
- Units in lay up are only covered by sufficient staffing, maintenance and preserving to keep the rig ready for assignments with as short activation time as possible. Applicants must submit documentation showing maintenance and preserving regime, and make probable that the unit is prioritized to be available for assignments within the next 2 years. Units covered must have valid class certificates and may be enrolled in the Prolonged Survey Intervals regime (cf. DNV GL RP 0290), or the like.
The support program does not apply in the following cases:
- Units without acknowledgement of compliance (AoC) from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway.
- Rigs that are or may be contracted in distant waters.
- Rigs with long-term contracts on the UK or Danish continental shelf. Rigs with short contracts on the UK or Danish shelf can be supported.
- If the application process reveals other reasons for low probability of long-term operation in Norway.