Our services include
Promoting legislation and industrial policies conducive to a prosperous business climate and ensuring that framework conditions for business and industry are consistent with this goal.
Providing services and advising member companies on a wide range of issues, e.g. legal representation in court cases, legal and practical help in collective bargaining and interpretation of collective agreements, advice on European legislation and policies, public procurement, trade policy, corporate social responsibility (CSR), etc. A number of these services are also available from our 15 regional offices, which can also offer additional in-depth local knowledge.
Representing employers in collective bargaining.
Offering networking opportunities, e.g. at national conferences with leading politicians and other decision makers, HR-conferences, etc, as well as facilitating contacts on social media (Facebook and Twitter).
In addition to the cross-sectoral work performed by the NHO, the individual sectoral federations offer a variety of services relating specifically to their industry, for example:
- Lobbying the government on behalf of member companies in specific sectors/industries to achieve industrial policies and legislation that enable companies to operate profitably within a stable business framework.
- Representing member companies in sector-wide collective bargaining with the trade unions on wages and working conditions.
- Free legal advice on labour legislation, Health Safety and Environment (HSE), employment contracts, wage determination and human resources strategies.
- Negotiating standard contracts, framework agreements and standards. Developing best practice and projects to improve quality and performance at member companies.
- Offering training courses on topics such as contracts, health, safety, environment, skills development, etc.
- Facilitating networks, meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Providing access to news and research on industry trends and public policy issues.
In addition to the advantages that come with membership, the NHO and its sectoral federations offer favourable prices on a variety of services, such as freight, pensions, insurance, telecoms, accommodation and energy management, from third-party suppliers.
By taking full advantage of these offers, your enterprise will be able to save considerable costs.
Get in touch with your sectoral federation
The company's salary payments last year membership fee to NHO:
NOK 0-1 million NOK 1,000 (fixed amount)
NOK 1-3 million NOK 3,000 (fixed amount)
NOK 3-200 million 0.90 per thousand of paid salaries
NOK 200-500 million 0.85 per thousand of paid salaries
NOK 500 million <0.75 per thousand of paied salaries
In addition to the membership fee to NHO, there are different rates for the membership fee to the sectoral federations the company is affiliated with.
Do you run a start-up business? Companies in foundation year 0, 1 or 2 with less than NOK 7 million in annual turnover can become members of NHO Gründer. The annual price for the first two years after starting the company is NOK 2,000. This includes membership in both the relevant national association and in NHO.