Why is NHO in Brussels?
NHO Brussels is a service office for the entire NHO family. That is, the NHO's administrative units, both central and regional, as well as the sectoral federations.
Norwegian business and industry is an integrated part of European business and industry. Through the EEA Agreement, Norway is part of the EU's single market for goods, services, capital and labour, and Norwegian companies have access to this market on the same terms as EU companies.
An abundance of the policies and regulations affecting companies' everyday lives are created in Brussels. NHO's presence in Brussels means that we can better influence and promote the interests of our members in important processes and regulations that are adopted by the EU institutions. At the same time, our presence in Brussels gives NHO invaluable information for its international work.
An important part of NHO's work in Brussels is based on our membership in BusinessEurope, the European umbrella organization for business and employers' organizations, where the Brussels office actively participates with colleagues from the central administration in a number of committees and working groups. NHO also works closely with its Nordic and other sister organizations in the BusinessEurope community.
- Monitoring and reporting on the development of policies and regulations in the EU / EEA.
- Network builder and door opener in Brussels.
- Advice on political, professional or procedural issues related to the EU / EEA.
- Raising the competence on EU / EEA issues in the NHO-system.
- Contact point for our member companies in Brussels.
- Guest office for visitors from the NHO family.